Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs: my tribute as an educator





As an educator, I would like to remember Steve Jobs as an innovative mind or a "visionary and creative genius" in the field of education technology. This is my tribute.

With his creativity, Steve Jobs helped me and you, as teachers and practitioners to bring appealing digital devices into schools.  

Teaching and learning with iPods and iPads has become  so exciting to students and teachers. Curricula become more attractive for the students and easier for educators to enhance skills in formal or informal learning.




Ipad in Education

Mr. Jobs revolutionized completely the concept of education bringing an attractive technology in Education. iPods and mobile phones were on the hands of all students. Why not introduce those devices in the classroom! So, I did it and my students were very enthusiastic and they really used for learning.

As an innovative educator since the 90's it was a joy to share my dreams and projects with my students: practicing formal learning and non formal learning. 





After, iPad came! And I wrote How I love iPad2 in the classroom: "So, as an educator, I can say that iPad will "change the learning landscape"! iPad 2 will change completely the way educators and students will move in classroom!"

I was fascinated about it! Still  am...

But in 2009 I explained in Digital Schools versus Digital Teachers: " I did not grow up with Technology. It grew up with me, and I was there every step of the way. A "digital pioneer" who is doing a enthousiastic job infusing technology meaningfully into teaching and learning."

And Now Alice for the iPad, iPad features & Education?, Some apps for iPad helping education and various posts about iPad or other devices in the classroom. Please, search on this blog.



Illustration by Charis Tsevis


If you visit apple website you can go directly to Apple in Education and you will realize that you have a gorgeous world about iPad apps in the curricula (some are free).

Teachers are always thinking in captivating the students to a better school performance. So, they understood immediatly how the iPad could captivate the students in the classroom. And they did increadible experiences. You have a lot of videos on Youtube about the iPad in Education.






Steve Jobs

"You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle".


So sad! Steve Jobs has passed away. Thank you for your genius and remarkable strides in all fields, especially in Education.


G-Souto

06.10.2011
Copyright © 2011G-Souto'sBlog, gsouto-digitalteacher.blogspot.com® 
Licença Creative Commons
Steve Jobs: my tribute as an educator bG-Souto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.


No comments: