Forests provide the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat. Forests also provide us with the wood and paper products we use every day.
Listen Franke James, author and artist in a creative personal story for FSC Canada on the video below
A lovely story about the forests isn'it? Franke is the author of Bothered By My Green Conscience which merges science, art and storytelling to inspire people to take action and “do the hardest thing first” for the planet.
So, let's continue to inspire our students for Earth Day 2011
- Display the video in the classroom (primary and elementary school)
- Let your students use iPad or smartphone to read 'Who cares about the Forest' as a visual essay here
- Students are invited to a storytelling about Earth and some visual essays to complete their story.
- Educators can submit students' projects on Your Act Green
- Students can visit Franke James' website (edutators tutoring) and leave a comment to the author.
I will be back with another act of green in the school
Copyright © 2011G-Souto'sBlog, gsouto-digitalteacher.blogspot.com®
Franke James, Who cares about the Forest
Earth Day 2011: a story about the Forest by G-Souto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.