Wednesday, June 20, 2012

UNESCO : World Open Educational Resources (OER) Congress ! What a great honor to be there !








UNESCO World OER Congress


In partnership with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and through the support of the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, UNESCO is organizing the 2012 World Open Educational Resources Congress. UNESCO World OER Seminar and exhibit will take place next week, June 22-24 2012 in Paris.

  • Aims of the Congress are to:




"The Congress aims to encourage more governments to adopt policies that include OER and will bring together Ministers of Education/Human Resource Development, senior policy makers, expert practitioners, researchers, students and many other relevant stakeholders."
It is a 2-stream event with discussions by all stakeholders on the Paris OER Declaration focusing on governmental actions for OER, and a parallel second stream focusing on an Open Seminar & Exhibition of the world’s best OER practices, policies, and initiatives.
"To provide an opportunity to civil society organizations, academia, and individual experts to present on their Open Educational Resources initiatives, UNESCO is organizing a parallel Open Seminar & Exhibition from 21 to 22 June 2012 in UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France."
The Open Seminar & Exhibition is organized in full partnership with OER Africa, a SAIDE initiative.





  • UNESCO invites us to  evolve:
Join Open Education Resources community on WSIS KC
Twitter about the Congress using the hashtag #oercongress
Or Follow the Congress at https://twitter.com/unescoNOW

It is my honor to attend the Congress and participate at the Seminar and Exhibition. I will present an academic Poster about a research on the use of OER in Secondary Education at the Hall.

These two last weeks, I had no time to publish any post on my blog! Please, forgive me!  I'm still in Paris! And I will continue to share some ideas about IT and Education when I will back.

I'm very excited! I'm sure that a lot of new ideas and concepts will be discussed and shared!  It will be great to write about the the event. 

I will share some important ideas with you about the sessions and discussions. I am a huge fan of OER in school curriculum.




Paris 
 credits: unknow author
via Google Images


Meanwhile, it is awesome to visit Paris, after 10 years, (ya... ten years!). Paris, the beautiful city I visited with my parents when I a was a little girl.

It has been in Paris that I study for some while, some years later. And it was in Paris, as a young teacher that I got my first specialization on producing videos and games based learning in the 80's - pedagogy comes and goes - just now that we are talking again about using videos and games in the classroom.

Ii has been in Paris, one year later, when I got my specialization on TV School, as Distance Education teacher and producer (French language), at CNDP.fr and BELC, two important references of School TV. Serious and creative work we did  there.

It will be so nice next Saturday, after three days of work, to walk on Paris "me badaler dans les rues de Paris", re-visiting some good Art museums,  "aller sur le bord de la Seine pour apprécier les bouquinistes, traverser un ou deux ponts, les plus beaux sur la Seine, et remonter au Sacré-Coeur pour admirer à nouveau cette magnifique vue panoramique qu'on a sur la belle ville de Paris."


À bientôt!

G-Souto

20 June 2012
Copyright © 2012G-Souto'sBlog, gsouto-digitalteacher.blogspot.com®

Licença Creative Commons
UNESCO : World Open Educational Resources (OER) Congress ! What a great honor to be ther !  by G-Souto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.


No comments:

Post a Comment