doodler: Mike Dutton
Clicking on the doodle, it links to a 32 second track, which plays his popular song Imagine.
Students can then click through to the YouTube version of it if they want feel the musical experience online.
- Let's include John Lennon's message into Languages Civics and Music curriculum!
- Imagine lyrics are so beautiful to talk about some important values: peace, equality, justice, friendship, solidarity. And to play the song in the classroom.
- Woman an important theme to talk about women and equity.
- In English curriculum as a foreign language, invite your students to work on the lyrics: pronunciation, vocabulary, values.
- Invite your students to produce a short video in a cross-curricular project: Languages, Arts, Music, and display it at the school library, introducing the theme 'Peace'
- Organize an exhibition on the 80th anniversary: life, news, photos, CDs and open to all students, teachers, parents.
- Video: Premiered November 20, 2020
- Films & books:
John Lennon, Imagine
Some of the lyrics from Imagine became a hymn for peace in the world!
Lennon viewed his work as one rich story, one step on the journey to Creating a better world, one ongoing, never-ending search for truth.
‘I always consider my work one piece… and I consider that my work won’t be finished until I’m dead and buried – and I hope that’s a long, long time,’
John Lennon, words on the last day of his life.
‘So to me it’s part of one whole piece of work from the time I became public to now…And the eighties is like, we’ve got a new chance.’